Here is what I have learned how to break the day or days up while living with a lot of emotional pain and or grief loss.
- Give thanks for something all day long, look around, look up, and give thanks! Focus on what you have right now, right today, and give thanks!
- 20 minute walk outside. See that GOD is bigger than your messy painfilled story. HE is Creator of all!
- Place Truth around you as much as possible. See this card, someone sent it to me 10 years ago and I thought, okay, God had a plan with Mary’s life and her life was not picture perfect and boy did Mary, Mother of Jesus see and experience pain. God must have a plan with my life. So I chose to believe while living in a very toxic environment for over two decades, where I was ignored, that God had a purpose for me. 🙂 Hearts with a Purpose.
- Speak truth aloud. When we say the truth aloud, we are feeding it back into our soul that heals us, sets us free, and brings us hope. God’s Word is alive and active!
- Pursue peace in your life. What brings you peace? A walk, lighting a candle, a good book, a hot bath, what? Just do it.
- Break your day down in small bite size pieces. Grief sucks a lot out of a person. You move slower as your processing skills have been short circuited.
- Turn music on to lift you up. Hope filled words.
- Turn the radio on to hear good engaging conversations or to your device.
- DO something you love to do. Make sure you protect time to just do it.
- READ the WORD…Psalm 139 would be helpful, (Vs. 1-6). “O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it.”
If need be, repeat these steps often in one day… God does have a plan, a plan, a plan… TRUST!
If you need grief loss coaching I am offering a special on Friday and Sat. the 24th and 25th of NOV. 10% off eight sessions of grief-loss coaching.