Speaking God’s Word and taking your mind captive. This was my Go-To-Verse to begin to cut out the fear in my life!
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.“ 2 Timothy 1:7(KJV)
Grow those instead of fear.
Here are more truths for you to fight off fear:
Is there a good fear? Yes
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of
wisdom; A good understanding have all those
who do His commandments; (Psalm 111:10a, NASB)
Does the bad fear come from God? No
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but
of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7, ESV)
3. What do I do with sudden fear? “Do not be afraid of sudden fear. Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence. And will keep your foot from being caught. (Proverbs 3:25-26, NASB)
4. What does bad fear produce? “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. (1 John 4:18, ESV)
5. Can other people produce fear in my life? Yes. “It is better to take refuge in the LORD. Than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the LORD Than to trust in princes. Psalm 118:8-9 (NASB)
6. What does fear take from me? Peace, focus, hope, joy, to name a few. “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” (John 14:27, NASB).
7. Can fear stop me from living out my purpose? Yes, it can. The opposite of fear is faith. “And without faith it is impossible to please Him,” (Hebrews 11:6, NASB).
8. Who can help me shrink the fear factor? God, and focusing on Truth. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9, NASB)
9. Is it possible to live a life without fear? Yes. “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13, NASB)
What verse can you apply today?