When I reflect on my own life, I ask, does freedom ring in my own life?
Am I free to live, really live, the life that God desires for me?
First, let’s define freedom. Merriam Webster’s Online Dictionary states freedom is the quality or state of being free: as
- the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action
- liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another
- the quality or state of being exempt or released usually from something onerous
- ease, facility
- the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken
- boldness of conception or execution
- unrestricted use
After reading the definitions, do you live a life of freedom?
I am. But it took a journey with many steps to get here. I went on a hunt to discover the truth. And scripture states in John 8:32, the truth will set you free. The truth is referring to the words from the Bible which are God inspired. Our Creator who knows what is best for us, left us His instructions to know how to do life. It is my road map to live by. Yet, it is my choice to apply God’s word to my life in order to be set free. Let me ask you:
- Do you live in the land of regrets? Once upon a time, regrets were eating me up, but not any longer. Believe and receive the truth.
- Have you forgiven yourself? The truth, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9, NIV).
- Are you full of fear, anxiety, and confusion? The truth,”For God is not a God of confusion but of peace…” (1 Corinthians 14:33, NASB). Do you live life choosing to live freely? Or are you weighted down by allowing others and everything else dictate your life? What baby step can you take to invite more truth into your life so you can be set free? Will you let freedom ring in your life?