The holidays have gotten out of hand. I want to bring back their specialness!
Dear friend, coach yourself. Then walk out your answers. Let me know what you choose to change, as it all begins with you.
1. What has gotten out of hand with your
2. How can you let go of the “too much” and
take back what you desire?
3. What do you desire to reflect on during the
4. What do you desire that your guests leave
with– after spending time with you during the
holidays? So how will you make certain that goal
5. Do you want to play table games, make a craft
together, have a sing along, visit the neighbors or
Christmas Carol? Make a plan.
6. Do you want to make cards and hand deliver
7. Do you want to change up your menus to
something new instead of the traditional?
8. Have you taken a long walk in the winter time?
9. How about a night stroll with a lantern?
10. Have you colored lately with crayons and a
11. Have you made your favorite Christmas
12. Tired of the too much cooking, change-up with some new fun deli menus.
13. Have you read a special holiday book aloud
to a child?
14. Have you visited a soup kitchen, or senior
home, and talked with a person that lives alone?
15. What do you need this year, peace,
contentment, simplicity, help?
16. Alone with the holidays coming, can you
invite others in or you go out?
17. Do you know your neighbor? If not, bake
and take them a treat?
18. Wrap gifts with whatever creative thing you
have, towels, garbage sacks, paper towels, or a
19. Do you long to read a holiday book?
20. Have you tried any special music this season?
21. How about taking a vacation instead this
22. Do you stop, sit, and look at the lights on the
23. Have you walked down a main street of a
quaint town and window shopped?
24. How about a cup of hot chocolate stirred
with a candy cane?
25. Save the old family Christmas cards and
26. Too tired to get out decorations this year,
than do it simple.
27. No money this year for gifts, try making gift
certificates of your time or help. 28. Too many activities to run to, why not cut
some out? You choose.
29. Missing that loved one, share the grief with
others and/or buy yourself a gift from them.
30. Name something you did in your childhood
that you can do again.
31. Have you made a list of items you are
32. Why not visit a childhood town or location
that was part of the holidays?
33. Invites others to a new family tradition, a
play, a concert, a feast.
34. Slow the pace, by pausing each day at least
once. Let me know how you do! Merry Christmas!