Piercings from Abuse
Emotional, Mental, Spiritual, Physical, Sexual … the abuse violates the core of a woman’s soul. Where does she turn? Who does she trust? Where does she begin?
I turned to my main man, God. He is the real deal, friends.
These are questions I asked God. And these are the verses I landed on and lived from. Sow these truths into your heart!
1. Will God hear me? Yes, He will. “For the LORD hears the needy And does not despise His who are prisoners.
(Psalm 69:33, NASB)
- Who will help me step out of the abuse? God will, and find a trusted woman friend, counselor, or contact Darlene for coaching, Darlene@Heartswithapurpose.com “But I am afflicted and needy; Hasten to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay. (Psalm 70:5, NASB)
3. What good can come from abuse? As hard as it is to believe, something will, BUT ONLY if you allow God’s leading to the what and the how. For me…I learned God’s Word and snuggled up close to the Lord…that is HUGE. ( LET me state here that abuse is evil and wrong.) This is the verse that encouraged me…“It is good for me that I was afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes. (Psalm 119:71, NASB) (Just so you know, I am sorry for your pain. I know it hurts like crazy.)
5. Can other people produce fear in my life? Yes. “It is better to take refuge in the LORD. Than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the LORD Than to trust in princes. (Psalm 118:8-9, NASB) (BTW, the fear monster was huge in my life at one time. Praise God…no longer do I bow to fear.)
7. Will God remember me when only He saw? “For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints. (Hebrews 6:10, NASB)