A shock is a disturbing upsetting event or situation!
They leave us spinning.
I have had my share of sudden changes in life and would love not to have anymore. But, that isn’t life.
We must live in reality and realize we can only control our-self and learn how to handle oneself during and after a shocking report.
Here are only five life suddenly s that I have experienced.
- Receiving a phone call that my brother was not responding to medics and it didn’t look good. I needed to head to the hospital.
- Receiving a phone call that a home I lived in had the foreclosure sign posted to it.
- Being threatened and bullied multiple times with words that, I would have no money, heat, electricity, or gas.
- The reaction of an abuser after I exposed the abuse.
- Watching my teens leave property for the last time after we had lived under one roof.
I could only control me. And you can only control you.
#1 What do I need to do that day to help step that day?
(Call on apartments, get dressed, eat, rest, take a walk, pray, talk to a counselor or coach…)
#2 What do I need to learn new to go forward?
(Find out more info, discover a new Dr., talk to a friend, find a verse to anchor to…)
#3 What can I do to help my thought life so it doesn’t run wild in anxiety and fear?
(Focus on what you know, think truthful thoughts, listen to good music, add verses into your life… )
This verse tells us where we can go in the midst of shock and pain in life, “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33 NASB). We will have problems, but He will grant us peace if we choose to go to the Lord.
Contact me. to be coached through life’s transitions.