What does emotional abuse look like?
Unless you have lived in it many people do not get it.
Here is what hurts:
This list includes many women’s stories.
- Not invited into a marriage partner’s conversation. If a conversation began, it concluded negatively or was a dead-end.
- As the married partner you couldn’t discuss certain topics that are crucial in a marriage such as, finances, discipline issues, church topics, work, and the issues with the other females. Or you name it… (The abuser tells you what can be talked about and not.)
- Guilt induced to bow to his/her wishes and whims. (One controls.)
- Ignored daily. That was my deepest pain, emotionally starve her.
- Not called by given name.
- Flirts with opposite sex–creates jealousy.
- Not spoken to or greeted.
- Not asked about your day. BUT everyone else in the home that came and went received attention. So one would ask, what is so wrong with me?
- Only needed for sex.
- No empathy.
- Uses you as a joke.
- Your ideas are washed out.
- No one sees your bruised, barely beating heart?
- You are led to believe you have nothing to offer!
- (This is just a short list.)
So how do you live without becoming like the abuser?
How do you go forward without the toxicity sticking to you and ruining the rest of your life?
Purchase a coaching package Email Darlene! and discover how to live life freely without toxicity.