I want to share two special friends with you. They have given me permission.
I have known Connie and Phyllis for over twenty years. We met when they were looking for a new church. I was happy to learn that they loved teaching, especially women Bible studies. They jumped right in at church. I recall sitting in their class and learning about the book of Genesis. Connie taught. Phyllis led in music.
If you were to meet either lady you would see a sparkle in her eye, a smile on her face, and you would know that there is something different about her.
In the last several years their life has taken a turn, a hard one at that. Connie has been diagnosed with Parkinson and myasthenia gravis. Phyllis has taken on the caregiver’s role.
Watching them travel down this road has been a true test that God does help in times of trouble. They’ve faithfully turned to God for direction, clarity, and wisdom as their lives have shifted to a different rhythm.
For Connie, a retired P. E. teacher, Parkinson has been grueling. Think about that, a woman that taught children about movement and sports, now God has allowed her body to be touched with Parkinson’s and myasthenia gravis.
Phyllis has been retired from years of working as an administrator in the trucking industry. She worked in just about every phase of it, from dispatching drivers, to billing, to the claims department, to the dock, and finally settling in the customer relations department. All involved working with customers and hopefully each customer was satisfied.
Now, Phyllis shifts and put her strengths and talents into action, such as planning and developing Con’s care steps. It’s truly inspiring.
Both women love the Lord, dig into their Bibles, care about their families and friends and have learned much about surrendering to the Lord. Yet, both women have wrestled with the limitations Parkinson has placed upon them.
The hardest for Con has been missing activities and not seeing family and friends at church. Yet the way she fights off self-pity is being proactive. She sends off hand written notes to her friends and family members or calls to encourage them on. And she loves praying by coloring. (see her picture)
Phyllis refuels by being outside. She loves working with wood and keeps the home front going. She grieves for her dear friend, yet knows a positive attitude will help her mind set while she entrust herself back under God’s hand, He is in charge and present.
I love how Phyllis has changed things up in their life to keep stepping forward and invite good things.
No longer do they take long road trips, instead shorter change-up road trips to the doctors and back.
No longer can they grab their fishing poles and head to the row boat, instead Con slowly walks to the dock and views the lake. She sucks in the fresh air and keeps on growing in the attitude of gratitude.
Likewise Phyllis steps outside their country lake home surrounded by tall pines and lets out her sighs of grief. But rejoices that they have such a place to live, de-stress, and yet be.
What impresses me is that both women are pushing forward to know, see, and understand what God has for them in this illness, and still learn how they can make a difference.
1. They have impacted Doctors, nurses, and friends in Florida.
2. In Michigan they have touched family and friends as well as doctors and nurses.
3. They have made heart to heart connections with the nurses and care workers that have entered their home.
4. Con’s prayers are answered, “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much” (James 5:16b, NASB). I have seen her prayer book. It includes her great-nephews, niece, her family, friends, and herself. We have witnessed God answering her prayers: from a Doctor’s office calling her, a tree cutting estimate being low in price, a new doctor taking her on as a patient in Michigan, and on and on go her answers to prayers.
5. Phyllis is making a difference in the Care Givers Support Group.
6.They have impacted my life. My list is long. A big one is that they have served as two of my advisers for Hearts with a Purpose and are prayer warriors.
Two women living out their life purpose, right in the midst of what God has allowed. Reaching forward to all that God has called them to. May we likewise, be inspired to face whatever touches our life with an attitude such as theirs.
What challenging situation has God allowed in your life?
What do you believe you are to learn from that?
What do you need to let go of because of the new situation?
What do you focus on? Where are your eyes looking?
Are you living without any direction? WHY?
What is a vision board?
It is something you create on a poster board, a frame board, or what you choose. It is creating a picture or a collage to put out in front of you, for you to see, believe in, and where you are to head out in your life?
Why do this?
In order to help you focus, step forward, and encourage you on in your life journey!
I was sitting on a plane that was heading to CA when I tore words, images, and a sentence or two from a magazine. I pulled things out that jumped out to me.
This is what and where I sensed God wanted for me and where God was leading me. What fun I had and what fun it stirred within me. Listen to what is written on your heart. Weeks later I sat in my home on my bedroom floor and began to put it all together.
Here is a little picture of it.
WHY did I do this?
- To be my light house.
- To be my vision board.
- To be my encourager.
- To put my heartfelt truth out there for me to see.
- To remind me of what is in me and it is up to me and God’s leading to keep heading towards that.
- To use it in my home to push me on and forward.
- It’s valuable. Here are two women’s boards whom I have coached and instructed.
JOIN me on Wednesday, August 24th, at 3:30 EST for a 90 minute tele conference class.
I will teach you how to create a vision board, why create one, and also coach you as to what you may want to find to put on your board.
Cost is $29.00 for teaching, coaching, encouragement and FUN! Email for conference call number.
Let me coach you:
1. What brings you great joy?
2. What is it that you want to use from your life experiences for the good of others?
3. What motivates you?
I was asked, “What motivates you?”
1. It’s coaching women. It’s the way God wired me. I love it!
2. I love to see women heal or be set FREE from living stuck lives in anger, abuse, anxiety, fear, enabling, chaos or clutter, to name a few. Oh, yea, people pleasing and perfectionism too.
3. Then TO SEE, women smile again. To see her have JOY, that brings me great joy. When a woman steps towards- what brings her heart to life, how can I not have joy? She is set free to be herself and to be the way God made her and to live from that frame of mind and action. Here are a few of those women!
Blesses my soul and makes me smile.
Are you desiring more meaning from your life?
Are you wondering how all of your stories fit together?
This course can change the direction of your life.
You will learn how to connect your to-do list, your passions, and God’s purposes for your life.
Join me: 6 Monday nights, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 EDT
Starting November 7th – Dec. 12th
Where: Over a conference call in line
Fee: $175.00 for Instruction and Coaching during class time. And one private coaching email weekly.
Sign up by 10.31 with a girlfriend and save $25.00 each. With a girlfriend the price is $150.00 each!
Email for a spot! Why wait? Learn right at home over your cell! Purchase the book and get reading, Pathway to Purpose for Women, by Dr. Katie Brazelton!
Check out the link and see! https://cindytannehill.wufoo.com/…/is-christian-life-coach…/
Invest in yourself! Register for a class – taught by a
Certified Life Purpose Coach®
Pathway to Purpose for Women
You will learn how to:
Connect your to-do list, your passions,
And God’s purposes for your life.
Normally a $195.00 course
Sign up by the end of the year and pay $175.00.
Sign up with a girlfriend and each pay by the end of the year $150.00
Fee includes worksheets and 6 weeks of 90 minute instruction and coaching, PLUS, 6 private coaching emails.
When: Monday, January 11th, 18th, 25th, Feb 1st, 8th, 15th 7:00p.m.-8:30p.m.
Where: Greenville, MI, or connect on a conference line
Purchase the book, Pathway to Purpose for Women, by Dr. Katie Brazelton, get reading!
Contact: Darlene Larson
Life Purpose Coach® for Women & Grief-Loss and Recovery Coach,
Instructor of Coaches
This is one reason why I coach women!
I clung to this passage over thirty years ago knowing God is true to His Word and He will not waste my pain.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.” 2 Corinthians 1:2-5
In what situations has God shown me His comfort…
- Years of Infertility – Classroom of Waiting.
- Adoption of my first daughter – His Divine-love Appointment
- Adoption of my second daughter – His Divine-love Appointment
- Career Chaos – God Provides
- Abusive Marriage – God’s Boot Camp
- Adoption of my son – His Divine-love Appointment
- Death of my Father, Brother – God awakens me from the land of denial
- All in 40 days – death of my Mother, Abandonment, Home Foreclosure, Served Divorce Papers—God is near to the broken hearted.
And there is more – much more – as God turns my life around to bring Him glory.
Another reason I coach women is to inspire women to become all that their Creator made them to be. God kept me alive after living in an abusive marriage for over a quarter of a century that was likened to living in solitary confinement. Yet God saw it all. For that reason I can coach women from any area in their life to another, as I have been at the bottom of the heap. God and I stepped together to go forward in life. He heals mutilated hearts to further the Kingdom work here on earth.
Are you living mentally well from a mind that is set upon the truth?
Are you living well in the financial domain of your life?
Are you living well from the spiritual center of your life?
Are you living well in the relationship domain of your life?
Are you living well from the physical domain of your life?
Are you living out your vocation?
Today I have my new friend, accountability partner and professional life coach Darlene Larson as my guest. Darlene has been a wonderful catalysis to help me reach my weekly writing goals. She writes from her desire to help women fulfill all God has for them.
Thank you to Cindy Huff for this guest blog post.
Cindy is my accountability partner for my writing journey!
Thank you, Cindy! Read more at: www.jubileewriter.wordpress.com
A striking woman with a sparkling smile wheeled her luggage up to the hotel desk. “Life Coach” was embroidered on her bags. We were checking-in for the same writing conference.
Give me your best shot lady, I thought through my smile.
I cringe thinking about my resistant response to her vocation.
Little did I know what a precious gift, and friend, this woman would become. Over dinner that night she asked me a few questions and I found myself pouring out my soul over chicken marsala. What I found was an intentional question-asker, an empathetic listener, and a wise woman who cared about my heart.
Meet Darlene. My Life Coach.
Darlene has helped me get unstuck in areas that I was having difficulty navigating. I am grateful for the tangible benefits that have come from having a Life Coach. Here are a few of them:
1. Clarity: I feel like I am living more intentionally now that I am strategically dealing with the “stuck” areas in my life. Darlene’s pointed questions and tangible assignments help me move forward with precision.
2. Honesty: I easily pour out my heart as I admit my struggles and frustrations to my Life Coach. It is refreshing to be honest and to feel safe as I share.
3. Accountability: Having someone else ask me how I am doing and check-in regarding my forward motion is an important tool for growth.
I am more free, hopeful and confident as I learn healthy ways to deal with lingering hangups.
It was a delight to interview Darlene. View my video and learn more about this wonderful lady and how she can help you too.